What we're building
GorillaStack is on a mission to automate the Cloud and help our customers be DevOps heroes. We’re a SaaS solution that makes it easy for DevOps teams to reduce costs instantly, and pay only for what you use.
We’re based in Sydney, although our customer base and outlook is global. In the words of our most recent addition to the troop: “GorillaStack is the best start-up to work for because of its people and its tech.”
What we're looking for
GorillaStack is searching for someone with a passion and an ability to code. We have a terrific team set up, great office banter inside and outside our Slack channel, and more opinions on food and drink than a Michelin guide - and we want you to add to that.
We’ve hit product & market fit, got some decent monthly recurring revenue on the board, and some blue chip customer logos to boot too. We follow industry best practices including code review, BDD and CI / CD. We work with some cool technology and we’re always trying out new tech. We believe in open source software - you can see some of our contributions on GitHub which we’ve co-developed with the likes of AWS and Atlassian.
We believe the single biggest success factor now is execution - and that all comes down to the quality and diversity of the team we can put together. That’s where you come in...
How we work
- All team members have a voice and guide decision making
- We are agile
- We believe in TDD/BDD
- We peer review code
- We believe in CI/CD and automating all the things
- We believe in Open Source software and contribute regularly
- Candidates write code in job interviews
- You back yourself. You have opinions about programming languages and frameworks. You advocate for what you believe in, while at the same time, you are open challenges from others
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You have a few embarrassing artists / tracks in your favorite Spotify mix - and you’re not afraid to admit it.
- You don’t go to the nearest coffee stop, instead you prefer to walk those extra yards to get the ‘best’ coffee in your neighborhood.
- Humor-wise, you’re comfortable taking part in the office banter. An ability to know when it’s necessary to troll and be trolled with a good dose of humility preferred.
- If you’re a gun developer then that’s obviously important too. Experience with React, Meteor.js, Node.js and MongoDB will put you ahead of the pack. Working knowledge of AWS is a bonus.
- Cash component is dependent on experience
- Being in a role where you can seriously make a difference and be part of building something that makes an impact. Your code will quickly get into the hands of the customer where you can expect some high quality feedback through the feedback loops we’ve built.
- We believe in all team members owning a stake in the business and we will (it’s a hard commitment) put an Employee Share Scheme together enabling you to do so in the near future.
- Weekly team lunches (venue always hotly debated), and Friday afternoon drinks and team Xbox session.
Some extra info
The job is located in Sydney, Australia.
Please no contact from recruiters or 3rd party dev shops. If you contact us from one of these places you will disqualify yourself from any future work... which would be a shame for everyone because we’re good people to work with and we’d like to think you’re good people too.